Employer Nomination Scheme

Lawfully operating Australian and overseas employers can sponsor and employ skilled workers who have recognized qualifications and skills / or experience in particular occupations required in Australia

Temporary Business (Long Stay) – Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

There are 3 streams within the ENS:

  • The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years and their employer wants to offer them a permanent position.
  • The Direct Entry stream is for people who have never, or only briefly, worked in the Australian labour market.
  • The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labour or regional migration agreement.

Temporary Residence Transition Stream (Subclass 186)

This is a temporary visa which is valid from 3 months up to four years.

You should be nominated by an employer and the employer needs to be assessed as a nominating company. One can choose this stream if you are a subclass 457 visa holder who has worked for your employer for two years in the nominated occupation and your employer wants to offer you a permanent position in that occupation.

Direct Entry Stream (Subclass 186)

These are permanent visas requiring the applicant to be nominated by a company which must apply for approval to be able to nominate employees.

The applicant must have skills assessed for these visas.

Agreement Stream (Subclass 186)

Choose agreement stream if you are being sponsored by an employer through a tailored and negotiated labour agreement or regional migration agreement.

Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457)

This subclass visa allows a business to nominate and employ someone from outside Australia to work in Australia for a skilled job on a temporary basis

If you hold this visa you can:

  • Work in Australia for up to 4 years.
  • Bring your family with you.
  • Travel in and out of Australia as often as you want.

Speak With One Of Our Visa Experts

Contact one of our Visa experts from Gravitate Group now. We can answer your questions through email, by telephone, in person or we can talk to you via Skype.