General Skilled Migration

The following visas are for people who are not sponsored by an employer and who have skills in particular occupations required in Australia.

Applicants must be over 18 and under 50 years of age, with good English language ability, and recent skilled work experience or a recently completed eligible Australian qualification.

Applicants must also have skills and qualifications for an occupation listed on Australia’s Skilled Occupation List (SOL)

Skilled – Independant Visa (189)

This visa allows you to migrate to Australia if you have good English language skills and qualifications in an occupation in need in Australia.

This visa is a point-based visa for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory, or a family member. The visa holder will be able to live and work anywhere in Australia, permanently and certain family members can be included in the application.

Points Test pass mark = 60 points

Skilled – Sponsored Visa (190)

This points-based visa is for skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory.

Skilled – Recognised Graduate Student Migration Visa (Subclass 485)

This visa allows overseas students who do not meet the criteria for a permanent General Skilled Migration visa to remain in Australia for 18 months to gain skilled experience or improve their English language skills. You are eligible to apply for this visa if you have passed or graduated from a course in Australia in the last six (6) months.

Skilled РRecognised Graduate Student Migration Visa  (SubClass 476)

This visa allows recent Engineering graduates of selected overseas universities to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in occupations that are in demand in Australia.
This visa does not have a points test; however other requirements must be met.

Temporary Business (Long Stay) – Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

This visa is for employers who would like to employ overseas workers to fill nominated skilled positions in Australia.

With this visa those people you employ from overseas can:

  • Work in Australia for a period of between one day and four years
  • Bring any eligible secondary applicants with them to Australia – secondary applicants can work and study
  • After entering Australia, have no limit on the number of times they have travel in and out of Australia.

Speak With One Of Our Visa Experts

Contact one of our Visa experts from Gravitate Group now. We can answer your questions through email, by telephone, in person or we can talk to you via Skype.