09 Jun Subclass 457 Accredited Sponsorship changes
The DIBP has released an information sheet on changes to the Subclass 457 Accredited Sponsorship criteria.
The changes will be implemented from 1 July and those sponsors who have already obtained accreditation will be able to lodge a sponsorship variation after 1 July 2016.
- Lower number of 457 primary visa holders sponsored, now 10 (previously 30), over longer period of 24 months (previously 12 months).
- All 457 visa holders to be employed under a written contract of employment
- All Australian employees to be paid in accordance with an Enterprise Agreement or an internal salary scale that reflects current market salary rates.
Additional benefits of sponsorship accreditation include streamlined processing of nominations where the base salary is equal to or higher than:
- Fair Work High Income Threshold ($136,700 at 1 July 2015) and the occupation ANZSCO Skill Level 1 or 2.
- $75,000 and the occupations classified as Skill Level 1 or 2, with the exception of specific occupations.